Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cooking 1.0.1: Grapefruit, Goat cheese, and Avocado Tostadas (Day 32)



When I first came across this recipe I was a little apprehensive. I actually only wound up cooking it because I happened to have all the ingredients in my kitchen at the time and figured it would save me a trip to the grocery store. I wasn't expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised when the dish turned out delicious. I liked it so much that I wound up making it again the next night. It's super easy and refreshing and would taste even better with an added protein like chicken or mahi mahi.

Ingredients (serves 1)

  • 1/4 a grapefruit, cubed
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1 corn tortilla
  • 1 tbsp chopped red or white onion 
  • 1/4 a cup crumbled goat cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil 
  • Squirt of lime juice
  • Sriracha and salt to taste

Preparation


  • In a small skillet heat olive oil. Place corn tortilla in pan and toast about 1 min on each side until it is frim and crispy
  • Mash avocado, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and spread over the tortilla
  • Top with onion, goat cheese, grapefruit, and sriracha
  • Eat open faced and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment