Monday, June 3, 2013

Denver Eats: Pinches Tacos


It's no secret that tacos are my favorite food in the world. Generally I prefer the basic San Antonio no frill style of tacos but Pinches has totally impressed me with their fun and unique take on Tex Mex. I mean, whats not to love about a place that advertises it self with the three magic words of "Tequila, Whiskey, and Tacos"? I've been three times and have tried almost everything on the menu and have yet to be disappointed. Here are the highlights:


  • Queso a la plancha: This is their signature vegetarian taco which can be seen in the middle of the picture above. It is a combination of grilled cheese, tomatillo salsa and avocado cream. Every time I have gone and asked for recommendations the servers have always listed this little gem first. It seems kind of boring but it really is out of this world delicious.
  • Carnitas: I'm not a pork fan and had never even really experienced carnitas until my friends boyfriend convinced me to try this taco which is pictured on the left. O.M.G. It is 100% my favorite thing on the menu. Its crispy, flavorful (without tasting too pig like) and has just the right amount of spice. Insane.
  • Lengua: The tongue taco. I have never tried tongue so I decided to go for it. It was good, it tasted alot like pot roast. Sadly, I could only have a couple of bites before I got weirded  out and had to put in down.
  • Shrimp and Scallop: Pictured on the right, the shrimp and scallop taco is perfect if you are looking for something light. It didnt have that much scallop in it but it was incredibly spicy and the vegetables were very crisp making it an ideal choice for when we were sitting outside in the 80 degree heat.
  • Crispy chicken skins: Chicken skin is one of my vices. I know it seems gross but its really actually pretty amazing. This fried skins (just like pork rinds) are the perfect bar snack. They are $3 during happy hour and come with a very tangy lime dipping sauce. They are not chewy what so ever so anyone who has issues with eating weird textured stuff should not have an issue. Incredible
  • The Paloma: an amazing cocktail make with grapefruit juice and tequila. Only $3 during happy hour. The ratio of grapefruit to tequila is total perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment