Monday, July 8, 2013

Food Favorite: Avocado Toast

avocado toast

This weekend up in Vail I ran into my friend Kari whom I hadnt seen in over a year. We got to talking about a brunch my friend Teale thru at her house a couple of years ago. Kari told me how much she loved the avocado toast I brought and asked me if she could have the recipe since she liked it so much. Around the time of this brunch, I was going thru a major addiction with avocado toast. I would have maybe three or four slices a day and I was buying avocados in bulk quantities. I was first inspired to try it after reading about it on The Wednesday Chef, who makes hers with a delish combination of mayo and mustard. I soon sought out other versions of the delicious toast, taking inspiration from the Cafe Gitane in NYC. Check out the recipes for my two favorite versions below. Happy Monday!

Ingrendients and Preparartion (makes one slice)
  • One slice bread of your choice, toasted.
  • 1/2 an avocado
For Wednesday Chef version...
  • One teaspoon light mayo mixed with one teaspoon spicy ground mustard (I like mister mustard best)
  • Squirt of Lemon Juice
  • Red pepper flakes.
  • Place Mayo and mustard spread on toast. Top with mashed avocado, lemon juice, and pepper flakes. Eat and enjoy!
For Cafe Giante Version...

  • Tapito Hot sauce
  • Truffle infused olive oil
  • Top toast with mashed avocado. Add olive oil and hot sauce to taste. Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment