Monday, March 25, 2013

Wanderlust Wishlist: Palm Springs



In Finland this would be shades of grey with a bit of burned birch for color. I'd like a environment more like this.

 It's no secret that I have some major jealously issues when it comes to my friends who live in California.  There are many things about California that spark my jealously. The palm trees, the warm weather, In N out.  Being from New York and Texas I always just assumed I wouldnt like California. Turns out, I love it. It's my happy place. Everytime I get off the plane in LA I feel an overwhelming sense of freedom and tranquility. For someone who has major travel anxiety this is an unparalleled luxury. Despite my love for California, I havent really explored much of it at all. I have still yet to go anywhere North of LA and none of my various trips to the sunshine state have lasted any longer than five days. While I've always had a desire to visit Santa Barbra and San Francisco lately I find myself oddly fascinated by Palm Springs.
Truth be told, I actually have been to Palm Springs. Twice, Actually. Anddddd I was pretty sure I hated it. 

Probably because my experience was Coachella based and was more like this..... 



 

....Rather than like this.... 

.  

Or maybe it was because of my unnatural fear of wind power. Who knows.


My opinion on Palm Springs began to change over Christmas when my friend Kristinwhose family has a house in La Quinta, started texting me pictures like this from her backyard:


I started doing some research (Via posts like this from my favorite blogs) and discovered all the quirky magic that is Palm Springs. 


Like the insanely colorful Saguaro Hotel. I hear that this place is actually sort of Baits Motel esque.....but with those colors and those Palm Trees who the hell cares??


Or The Parker Palm Springs, which is famous for its lush grounds and ironic decor


The best part about Palm Springs is that it is actually a destination that is incredibly easy for me to go visit. It's short distance from LA makes it an ideal spot for me and my girlfriends to jet away to for a girls weekend, which is something we plan on making happen this year. I cant wait for sun, mountains, and arnold palmers (made with firefly vodka, of course) by the dozens. Bring on summer!














                                                         






No comments:

Post a Comment