Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cooking 1.0.1: Peppermint Bliss Avocado Salad (Day 36)

Avocado might be one of my favorite things on the planet. I haven't been able to find a ripe one anywhere in Denver for about a week now and I pretty much had a mental breakdown. Finally yesterday I was able to track one down at Marczyks and I got to make the salad I've been dying to try ever since reading about it on  Peppermint Bliss. I made a few small adjustments to Baileys original recipe.I have never been able to find cojita cheese in Denver so I used Feta instead and I also added olive oil to the frying pan to cook the avocados so they'd be less "grilled" and more crispy. The salad was so good I wound up making a second plate and then this morning I simply grilled up a few slices of avocado and ate them plain before running out the door for my dentist appointment. Highly Highly recommend. 

Ingredients
  • Arugula
  • Olive oil
  • Cojita or feta cheese, crumbled
  • Lime Juice
  • Avocado
  • Serrano Pepper
  • Salt and Pepper
Preparation

  • Mix together the juice of one lime with a teaspoon or two of olive oil. Set aside
  • Slice up avocado and season with salt pepper and olive oil
  • Add some olive oil to a large skillet and cook the slices of avocado for 1-2 mins on each side
  • While avocado is cooking, slice up a raw Serrano pepper
  • Toss the pepper, the arugula, and the lime juice and olive oil combo together and slowly add cheese till you reach your desired consistency.
  • Top arugula mixture with seared avocado and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment